Hey, I’m Matt Leonard and I love building great software. I recently graduated from CU Boulder with a degree in software engineering.
During my time at CU I worked as a Ruby on Rails developer for two startups, Kapost and InvitedHome. At these companies I was able to learn everything from migrating data between MySQL and Postgres to building my own front-end frameworks. Using my knowledge I also built an automated bike shop, Shift Suppliers LLC, and a music streaming site, Mvsic.
When I’m not crunching code, you’ll find me at Whistler downhill mountain biking, shredding fresh snow in the Rockies, scuba diving in the Caribbean or road-tripping across the country.
- Crafting custom website using Ruby on Rails
- Building pixel-perfect Wordpress powered websites from PSD mockups.
- Consulting on front-end development of websites.
- Setting up websites for clients using technologies that best suit their needs.
- Worked on new features using 2-week agile sprints.
- Fixed bugs in all aspects of the stack.
- Refactored existing code into service objects to isolate logic and make the code cleaner.
- Wrote and maintained unit and feature tests.
- Started as an Intern and worked my way up into a Full Stack RoR Dev
- Migrated the entire production database from MySQL to Postgres
- Worked on everything from reducing N+1 queries that were bogging down the app to writing HTML, CSS and JS for the front end.
- Paper-prototyping client ideas into framework layouts that effectively convey analytic data.